| The Commission on Gender and Geography of the International Geographical
Union is an active group of about 670 geographers from 50 different countries
in all parts of the world. The Commission has an active program on gender
issues in many countries, organizing several meetings each year and expanding
its intellectual network through newsletters and academic publications.
Activities in 2015
- Gendered Rights to the City: Intersections of Identity & Power,
April 19-20, 2015
Feminist Geography Conference,
University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee (Pre-AAG IGU Gender & Geography Commission Conference)
- IGU Regional Conference on 'Geography, Culture and Society for Our Future Earth', 17-22 August 2015 in Moscow, Russia - see activities page for theme and form call for sessions
Activities in 2014
Publications in 2014
- The report of the activities of the IGU Commission on Gender and Geography can be found at the Publications page.
- The report of the workshop 'The Gendering of New Realities: Unequal Challenges and Responsibilities', 16-17 August 2014 in Warsaw, Poland can be found at the Publications page.
- The report of the pre-conference "Gender, Power and Knowledge: Building Global Networks through Local Sensitivities", August 1-4 2013 in Nara, Japan can be found at the Publications page.
Leaflet Commission on Gender and Geography